Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov has been released from Detroit Medical Center and is scheduled to fly to Columbus on Friday, according to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch.
The 24-year-old Russian was hurt during the Jackets’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings on Thursday night after getting tangled with Detroit defensemen Ian White and Kyle Quincey. Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov was awake, alert and moving after the hit and reportedly never lost consciousness, despite what the video suggests.
He was hospitalized mostly for precautionary reasons, according to Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Mitchell notes that Anisimov will officially be listed as day-to-day on Columbus’ injury report with an upper-body ailment.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)