Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov has been released from Detroit Medical Center and is scheduled to fly to Columbus on Friday, according to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch.
The 24-year-old Russian was hurt during the Jackets’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings on Thursday night after getting tangled with Detroit defensemen Ian White and Kyle Quincey. Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov was awake, alert and moving after the hit and reportedly never lost consciousness, despite what the video suggests.
He was hospitalized mostly for precautionary reasons, according to Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Mitchell notes that Anisimov will officially be listed as day-to-day on Columbus’ injury report with an upper-body ailment.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 29
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)