Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov has been released from Detroit Medical Center and is scheduled to fly to Columbus on Friday, according to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch.
The 24-year-old Russian was hurt during the Jackets’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings on Thursday night after getting tangled with Detroit defensemen Ian White and Kyle Quincey. Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov was awake, alert and moving after the hit and reportedly never lost consciousness, despite what the video suggests.
He was hospitalized mostly for precautionary reasons, according to Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Mitchell notes that Anisimov will officially be listed as day-to-day on Columbus’ injury report with an upper-body ailment.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4