Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov has been released from Detroit Medical Center and is scheduled to fly to Columbus on Friday, according to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch.
The 24-year-old Russian was hurt during the Jackets’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings on Thursday night after getting tangled with Detroit defensemen Ian White and Kyle Quincey. Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov was awake, alert and moving after the hit and reportedly never lost consciousness, despite what the video suggests.
He was hospitalized mostly for precautionary reasons, according to Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Mitchell notes that Anisimov will officially be listed as day-to-day on Columbus’ injury report with an upper-body ailment.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54