Feb 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov has been released from Detroit Medical Center and is scheduled to fly to Columbus on Friday, according to Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch.
The 24-year-old Russian was hurt during the Jackets’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings on Thursday night after getting tangled with Detroit defensemen Ian White and Kyle Quincey. Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov was awake, alert and moving after the hit and reportedly never lost consciousness, despite what the video suggests.
He was hospitalized mostly for precautionary reasons, according to Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Mitchell notes that Anisimov will officially be listed as day-to-day on Columbus’ injury report with an upper-body ailment.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 0
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 7
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 39
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 48
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (48)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)