Feb 22, 2013, 1:14 AM EDT
It’s rare to hear more than a few lines from a player who made a controversial check, yet the Edmonton Oilers provided full video that explains how Hall, 21, felt about the play:
To save you a click or two, here’s the hit once more:
Again, Hall received a game misconduct and a five-minute major penalty for kneeing on the play.
Sometimes the NHL factors the specific in-game suspension into their own decision-making, but it’s probably worth noting that the Minnesota Wild were up 3-1 late in the third period against the Edmonton Oilers when that happened on Thursday.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12