Feb 22, 2013, 1:14 AM EST
It’s rare to hear more than a few lines from a player who made a controversial check, yet the Edmonton Oilers provided full video that explains how Hall, 21, felt about the play:
To save you a click or two, here’s the hit once more:
Again, Hall received a game misconduct and a five-minute major penalty for kneeing on the play.
Sometimes the NHL factors the specific in-game suspension into their own decision-making, but it’s probably worth noting that the Minnesota Wild were up 3-1 late in the third period against the Edmonton Oilers when that happened on Thursday.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2