Feb 22, 2013, 1:14 AM EST
It’s rare to hear more than a few lines from a player who made a controversial check, yet the Edmonton Oilers provided full video that explains how Hall, 21, felt about the play:
To save you a click or two, here’s the hit once more:
Again, Hall received a game misconduct and a five-minute major penalty for kneeing on the play.
Sometimes the NHL factors the specific in-game suspension into their own decision-making, but it’s probably worth noting that the Minnesota Wild were up 3-1 late in the third period against the Edmonton Oilers when that happened on Thursday.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58