Feb 22, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets forward was livid following his club’s 3-2 win on Thursday after a first-period fight he thought was going to be against Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson — but ended up being against Tootoo:
Here’s Dorsett’s emotional reaction, from the Columbus Dispatch:
“You think you’re fighting a 6-5 Ericsson and then Jordin Tootoo comes in and sucker punches you. But that’s just Jordin Tootoo. You expect those kind of things from him.”
The shot from Tootoo bloodied Dorsett’s nose, which appeared askew afterward (“It’s probably broken,” Dorsett said after the game.).
“(Ericsson) and I were backing away. Tootoo was just being himself, being the cheap player that he is and coming in swinging. In my eyes, that should be a suspension.
“Those are the type of things that they’re trying to get out of the game but he’s an irrelevant player, so it doesn’t even matter.”
Dorsett and Tootoo were both given a five-minute fighting majors on the play, while Tootoo got an extra 10-minute misconduct and two-minute instigating minor.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 9
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 12
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 28
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 56
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)