Feb 22, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets forward was livid following his club’s 3-2 win on Thursday after a first-period fight he thought was going to be against Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson — but ended up being against Tootoo:
Here’s Dorsett’s emotional reaction, from the Columbus Dispatch:
“You think you’re fighting a 6-5 Ericsson and then Jordin Tootoo comes in and sucker punches you. But that’s just Jordin Tootoo. You expect those kind of things from him.”
The shot from Tootoo bloodied Dorsett’s nose, which appeared askew afterward (“It’s probably broken,” Dorsett said after the game.).
“(Ericsson) and I were backing away. Tootoo was just being himself, being the cheap player that he is and coming in swinging. In my eyes, that should be a suspension.
“Those are the type of things that they’re trying to get out of the game but he’s an irrelevant player, so it doesn’t even matter.”
Dorsett and Tootoo were both given a five-minute fighting majors on the play, while Tootoo got an extra 10-minute misconduct and two-minute instigating minor.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 32
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 14
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)