Feb 22, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets forward was livid following his club’s 3-2 win on Thursday after a first-period fight he thought was going to be against Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson — but ended up being against Tootoo:
Here’s Dorsett’s emotional reaction, from the Columbus Dispatch:
“You think you’re fighting a 6-5 Ericsson and then Jordin Tootoo comes in and sucker punches you. But that’s just Jordin Tootoo. You expect those kind of things from him.”
The shot from Tootoo bloodied Dorsett’s nose, which appeared askew afterward (“It’s probably broken,” Dorsett said after the game.).
“(Ericsson) and I were backing away. Tootoo was just being himself, being the cheap player that he is and coming in swinging. In my eyes, that should be a suspension.
“Those are the type of things that they’re trying to get out of the game but he’s an irrelevant player, so it doesn’t even matter.”
Dorsett and Tootoo were both given a five-minute fighting majors on the play, while Tootoo got an extra 10-minute misconduct and two-minute instigating minor.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5