Feb 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues announced Friday that rookie scoring sensation Vladimir Tarasenko has been put on injured reserve.
Tarasenko, 21, was hurt on Wednesday night in St. Louis’ 1-0 overtime loss to Colorado after absorbing this hit from Avalanche forward Mark Olver:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play and the league opted not to hold a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
Tarasenko had 12 points through 17 games this year and was tied for second on the Blues in goals, with six.
In his place, St. Louis has recalled Chris Porter from AHL Peoria.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 44
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)