Feb 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues announced Friday that rookie scoring sensation Vladimir Tarasenko has been put on injured reserve.
Tarasenko, 21, was hurt on Wednesday night in St. Louis’ 1-0 overtime loss to Colorado after absorbing this hit from Avalanche forward Mark Olver:
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play and the league opted not to hold a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
Tarasenko had 12 points through 17 games this year and was tied for second on the Blues in goals, with six.
In his place, St. Louis has recalled Chris Porter from AHL Peoria.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 17
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights