Feb 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues announced Friday that rookie scoring sensation Vladimir Tarasenko has been put on injured reserve.
Tarasenko, 21, was hurt on Wednesday night in St. Louis’ 1-0 overtime loss to Colorado after absorbing this hit from Avalanche forward Mark Olver:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play and the league opted not to hold a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
Tarasenko had 12 points through 17 games this year and was tied for second on the Blues in goals, with six.
In his place, St. Louis has recalled Chris Porter from AHL Peoria.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)