Feb 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues announced Friday that rookie scoring sensation Vladimir Tarasenko has been put on injured reserve.
Tarasenko, 21, was hurt on Wednesday night in St. Louis’ 1-0 overtime loss to Colorado after absorbing this hit from Avalanche forward Mark Olver:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play and the league opted not to hold a disciplinary hearing for the hit.
Tarasenko had 12 points through 17 games this year and was tied for second on the Blues in goals, with six.
In his place, St. Louis has recalled Chris Porter from AHL Peoria.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9