Feb 22, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche will get a big boost this weekend as captain Gabriel Landeskog returns to the lineup for the first time in 11 games.
Landeskog, 20, will travel with the team for its three-game Western road swing (Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose) and play Saturday at the Staples Center against the Kings.
“I feel good out there,” Landeskog said on Friday. “Today was the first practice with the guys and I finally got out of that pumpkin jersey — I was extremely excited and eager to get back in the lineup and help the guys out.”
The ‘pumpkin jersey’ is in reference to the orange non-contact jersey Landeskog wore for most of the week.
He doffed it on Friday and participated fully with his Avlanche teammates in all drills — contact ones included — the final step in returning from a concussion suffered on Jan. 26 on a big hit from San Jose defenseman Brad Stuart.
Here’s video of Landeskog addressing reporters following practice, courtesy the Avalanche website:
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
$52.5 million extension.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
“This long-term commitment that assures he will be an important part of our team for years to come.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
“They gotta come in and knock somebody out of the box.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
A one-year, two-way deal for the ex-Islander.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Charlie Huddy, Pascal Vincent and Wade Flaherty all inked three-year extensions.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Expected to battle Brian Elliott for the starting role in St. Louis.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
“It’s an exciting time to be a part of this organization.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Jul 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Bobby Sanguinetti to Buffalo; Sharks grab Mark Cundari.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Where he “contributed to the development of Jonathan Quick, Jonathan Bernier and Martin Jones.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
How patiently will he wait?
Jul 3, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
The 44th overall pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Plays a similar style to his dad.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Their supporting casts haven’t been this strong in some time.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Pictured listening to Patrick Roy; he’ll next listen to Dave Cameron.
Jul 3, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
He was fired by Toronto back in April.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Doug Armstrong dipped into the free agency pool Thursday evening for some depth signings.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)