Feb 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Anderson suffered the injury, which the team insists isn’t severe, last night against the Rangers when New York forward Chris Kreider lost an edge and crashed into the Ottawa goal (video).
Per NHL.com, Sens general manager Bryan Murray said Anderson (1.49 GAA, .952 SV%), the early-season favorite to win the Vezina Trophy, is unlikely to play in the next three or four days, meaning either Bishop or Lehner will be in net Saturday against the Leafs and Monday versus Montreal.
Ottawa also assigned forward Stephane Da Costa to Binghamton.
Lehner, 21, is 18-10-2 with a .938 save percentage this season with the Baby Sens.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32