Feb 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Anderson suffered the injury, which the team insists isn’t severe, last night against the Rangers when New York forward Chris Kreider lost an edge and crashed into the Ottawa goal (video).
Per NHL.com, Sens general manager Bryan Murray said Anderson (1.49 GAA, .952 SV%), the early-season favorite to win the Vezina Trophy, is unlikely to play in the next three or four days, meaning either Bishop or Lehner will be in net Saturday against the Leafs and Monday versus Montreal.
Ottawa also assigned forward Stephane Da Costa to Binghamton.
Lehner, 21, is 18-10-2 with a .938 save percentage this season with the Baby Sens.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)