Feb 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Anderson suffered the injury, which the team insists isn’t severe, last night against the Rangers when New York forward Chris Kreider lost an edge and crashed into the Ottawa goal (video).
Per NHL.com, Sens general manager Bryan Murray said Anderson (1.49 GAA, .952 SV%), the early-season favorite to win the Vezina Trophy, is unlikely to play in the next three or four days, meaning either Bishop or Lehner will be in net Saturday against the Leafs and Monday versus Montreal.
Ottawa also assigned forward Stephane Da Costa to Binghamton.
Lehner, 21, is 18-10-2 with a .938 save percentage this season with the Baby Sens.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30