Feb 21, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Two veteran NHLers that have already spent time in the press box will be back there again on Thursday.
Whitney has been held out of three games this year by head coach Ralph Krueger,
In Florida, forward Alexei Kovalev will be a healthy scratch when the Panthers take on the Flyers in Philadelphia.
Kovalev, who turns 40 on Sunday, has missed just two games this season and has put up decent numbers following a one-year hiatus from the NHL, recording 2G-3A-5PTS while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
It sounds as though winger Mike Santorelli will draw into the Florida lineup to replace Kovalev.
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)