Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Jonathan Huberdeau is starting to show signs of the player some predicted would win the Calder Trophy.
He scored his seventh goal of 2013 on his first career penalty shot, making it look pretty easy against Ilya Bryzgalov:
The 19-year-old forward also registered an assist as the Panthers opened up a 3-0 lead against the Philadelphia Flyers. If that ends his scoring for the night, he’ll bump his season points total to 11 in 16 games.
Update: Huberdeau ended up with two goals and two assists as the Panthers beat the Flyers 5-2.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)