Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Jonathan Huberdeau is starting to show signs of the player some predicted would win the Calder Trophy.
He scored his seventh goal of 2013 on his first career penalty shot, making it look pretty easy against Ilya Bryzgalov:
The 19-year-old forward also registered an assist as the Panthers opened up a 3-0 lead against the Philadelphia Flyers. If that ends his scoring for the night, he’ll bump his season points total to 11 in 16 games.
Update: Huberdeau ended up with two goals and two assists as the Panthers beat the Flyers 5-2.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)