Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Jonathan Huberdeau is starting to show signs of the player some predicted would win the Calder Trophy.
He scored his seventh goal of 2013 on his first career penalty shot, making it look pretty easy against Ilya Bryzgalov:
The 19-year-old forward also registered an assist as the Panthers opened up a 3-0 lead against the Philadelphia Flyers. If that ends his scoring for the night, he’ll bump his season points total to 11 in 16 games.
Update: Huberdeau ended up with two goals and two assists as the Panthers beat the Flyers 5-2.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)