Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
Florida Panthers rookie Jonathan Huberdeau is starting to show signs of the player some predicted would win the Calder Trophy.
He scored his seventh goal of 2013 on his first career penalty shot, making it look pretty easy against Ilya Bryzgalov:
The 19-year-old forward also registered an assist as the Panthers opened up a 3-0 lead against the Philadelphia Flyers. If that ends his scoring for the night, he’ll bump his season points total to 11 in 16 games.
Update: Huberdeau ended up with two goals and two assists as the Panthers beat the Flyers 5-2.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4