Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
Florida Panthers rookie Jonathan Huberdeau is starting to show signs of the player some predicted would win the Calder Trophy.
He scored his seventh goal of 2013 on his first career penalty shot, making it look pretty easy against Ilya Bryzgalov:
The 19-year-old forward also registered an assist as the Panthers opened up a 3-0 lead against the Philadelphia Flyers. If that ends his scoring for the night, he’ll bump his season points total to 11 in 16 games.
Update: Huberdeau ended up with two goals and two assists as the Panthers beat the Flyers 5-2.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)