Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 AM EDT
Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier made the tough decision to fire coach Lindy Ruff from the job he’s held since 1997 and replace him with Ron Rolston, the former bench boss of AHL Rochester.
But was Ruff primarily to blame for the Sabres woes in recent years? Does the fault lie more with the man who assembled this squad in the first place?
Sabres president Ted Black recently defended the decision to give Regier a contract extension in January, but he also left the door open for future front office changes.
So if Buffalo doesn’t turn things around under Rolston in the near future, will Regier join Ruff?
Jeremy Roenick talks about Regier’s future and shares his thoughts on Ruff in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin out with upper body injury 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)