Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 AM EDT
Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier made the tough decision to fire coach Lindy Ruff from the job he’s held since 1997 and replace him with Ron Rolston, the former bench boss of AHL Rochester.
But was Ruff primarily to blame for the Sabres woes in recent years? Does the fault lie more with the man who assembled this squad in the first place?
Sabres president Ted Black recently defended the decision to give Regier a contract extension in January, but he also left the door open for future front office changes.
So if Buffalo doesn’t turn things around under Rolston in the near future, will Regier join Ruff?
Jeremy Roenick talks about Regier’s future and shares his thoughts on Ruff in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20