Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 AM EDT
Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier made the tough decision to fire coach Lindy Ruff from the job he’s held since 1997 and replace him with Ron Rolston, the former bench boss of AHL Rochester.
But was Ruff primarily to blame for the Sabres woes in recent years? Does the fault lie more with the man who assembled this squad in the first place?
Sabres president Ted Black recently defended the decision to give Regier a contract extension in January, but he also left the door open for future front office changes.
So if Buffalo doesn’t turn things around under Rolston in the near future, will Regier join Ruff?
Jeremy Roenick talks about Regier’s future and shares his thoughts on Ruff in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)