Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 AM EST
Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier made the tough decision to fire coach Lindy Ruff from the job he’s held since 1997 and replace him with Ron Rolston, the former bench boss of AHL Rochester.
But was Ruff primarily to blame for the Sabres woes in recent years? Does the fault lie more with the man who assembled this squad in the first place?
Sabres president Ted Black recently defended the decision to give Regier a contract extension in January, but he also left the door open for future front office changes.
So if Buffalo doesn’t turn things around under Rolston in the near future, will Regier join Ruff?
Jeremy Roenick talks about Regier’s future and shares his thoughts on Ruff in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)