Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 AM EDT
Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier made the tough decision to fire coach Lindy Ruff from the job he’s held since 1997 and replace him with Ron Rolston, the former bench boss of AHL Rochester.
But was Ruff primarily to blame for the Sabres woes in recent years? Does the fault lie more with the man who assembled this squad in the first place?
Sabres president Ted Black recently defended the decision to give Regier a contract extension in January, but he also left the door open for future front office changes.
So if Buffalo doesn’t turn things around under Rolston in the near future, will Regier join Ruff?
Jeremy Roenick talks about Regier’s future and shares his thoughts on Ruff in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)