Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Is Vinny Prospal a fan of Robert Griffin III?
Who knows, but the underrated Columbus Blue Jackets took a page out of the Washington Redskins quarterback’s celebratory playbook and threw in a little spin-o-rama when he scored this game-winning goal against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday:
That gave Columbus a 3-2 win against Detroit. Prospal now has six goals and nine points on the season, with three points in his last three games.
The 38-year-old forward is making $2.5 million this season on a one-year deal.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 2
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 8
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)