Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
Is Vinny Prospal a fan of Robert Griffin III?
Who knows, but the underrated Columbus Blue Jackets took a page out of the Washington Redskins quarterback’s celebratory playbook and threw in a little spin-o-rama when he scored this game-winning goal against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday:
That gave Columbus a 3-2 win against Detroit. Prospal now has six goals and nine points on the season, with three points in his last three games.
The 38-year-old forward is making $2.5 million this season on a one-year deal.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 0
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 4
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)