Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Is Vinny Prospal a fan of Robert Griffin III?
Who knows, but the underrated Columbus Blue Jackets took a page out of the Washington Redskins quarterback’s celebratory playbook and threw in a little spin-o-rama when he scored this game-winning goal against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday:
That gave Columbus a 3-2 win against Detroit. Prospal now has six goals and nine points on the season, with three points in his last three games.
The 38-year-old forward is making $2.5 million this season on a one-year deal.
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 0
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 17
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 78
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 34
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (78)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)