Feb 21, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Since then, the question has been what’s next for one of the NHL’s most polarizing figures.
As it turns out, it might be a scouting job, according to a Toronto Sun source.
An unnamed franchise has reportedly approached the Maple Leafs about Burke’s availability and got permission to talk with the former general manager. He’s been helping USA Hockey as a scout lately.
Burke can no longer make hockey decisions with the Leafs, but he’s still under contract as a special advisor to the board.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)