Feb 21, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Since then, the question has been what’s next for one of the NHL’s most polarizing figures.
As it turns out, it might be a scouting job, according to a Toronto Sun source.
An unnamed franchise has reportedly approached the Maple Leafs about Burke’s availability and got permission to talk with the former general manager. He’s been helping USA Hockey as a scout lately.
Burke can no longer make hockey decisions with the Leafs, but he’s still under contract as a special advisor to the board.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12