Feb 21, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Colorado forward Mark Olver won’t face any supplemental discipline for his hit on St. Louis Blues rookie Vladimir Tarasenko in the Avalanche’s 1-0 overtime win on Wednesday night, according to an NHL spokesman.
Here’s the hit in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play.
Update: Former NHL referee Kerry Fraser said Olver should’ve received a two minute charging minor on the play.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5