Feb 21, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
Colorado forward Mark Olver won’t face any supplemental discipline for his hit on St. Louis Blues rookie Vladimir Tarasenko in the Avalanche’s 1-0 overtime win on Wednesday night, according to an NHL spokesman.
Here’s the hit in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The NHL’s reigning rookie of the month, Tarasenko left the contest immediately following the hit and didn’t return.
Tarasenko was then taken to a local hospital for examination, but was released after the game and rejoined the Blues for their flight back to St. Louis.
Olver wasn’t penalized on the play.
Update: Former NHL referee Kerry Fraser said Olver should’ve received a two minute charging minor on the play.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11