Feb 21, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings haven’t had much luck this season when it’s come to injuries, so when 28-year-old goaltender left Tuesday’s game for what was later revealed to be blurry vision, you could be forgiven if you assumed the worst.
Fortunately for the Red Wings, this is one instance where they seem to have caught a break.
Howard has been cleared to play after undergoing tests Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. It remains to be seen if he’ll start tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The Red Wings have endured over 100 man-games lost to injuries and will have to move forward without forward Mikael Samuelsson, who has a fractured finger and will miss a minimum of two weeks.
Detroit’s lost four straight contests and has slipped into a tie for eighth place in the Western Conference. Playing against the last place Blue Jackets might be just what they need.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)