Feb 21, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings haven’t had much luck this season when it’s come to injuries, so when 28-year-old goaltender left Tuesday’s game for what was later revealed to be blurry vision, you could be forgiven if you assumed the worst.
Fortunately for the Red Wings, this is one instance where they seem to have caught a break.
Howard has been cleared to play after undergoing tests Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. It remains to be seen if he’ll start tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The Red Wings have endured over 100 man-games lost to injuries and will have to move forward without forward Mikael Samuelsson, who has a fractured finger and will miss a minimum of two weeks.
Detroit’s lost four straight contests and has slipped into a tie for eighth place in the Western Conference. Playing against the last place Blue Jackets might be just what they need.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 6
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)