Feb 21, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings haven’t had much luck this season when it’s come to injuries, so when 28-year-old goaltender left Tuesday’s game for what was later revealed to be blurry vision, you could be forgiven if you assumed the worst.
Fortunately for the Red Wings, this is one instance where they seem to have caught a break.
Howard has been cleared to play after undergoing tests Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. It remains to be seen if he’ll start tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The Red Wings have endured over 100 man-games lost to injuries and will have to move forward without forward Mikael Samuelsson, who has a fractured finger and will miss a minimum of two weeks.
Detroit’s lost four straight contests and has slipped into a tie for eighth place in the Western Conference. Playing against the last place Blue Jackets might be just what they need.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)