Feb 21, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings haven’t had much luck this season when it’s come to injuries, so when 28-year-old goaltender left Tuesday’s game for what was later revealed to be blurry vision, you could be forgiven if you assumed the worst.
Fortunately for the Red Wings, this is one instance where they seem to have caught a break.
Howard has been cleared to play after undergoing tests Wednesday, according to the Detroit Free Press. It remains to be seen if he’ll start tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The Red Wings have endured over 100 man-games lost to injuries and will have to move forward without forward Mikael Samuelsson, who has a fractured finger and will miss a minimum of two weeks.
Detroit’s lost four straight contests and has slipped into a tie for eighth place in the Western Conference. Playing against the last place Blue Jackets might be just what they need.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)