Feb 21, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
With just two wins in their last nine games, the Edmonton Oilers (6-6-3) need to turn things around soon if they want to accomplish what forward Taylor Hall calls their “ultimate goal,” which is to make the playoffs.
“It’s now, kind or, or never,” Hall said Thursday morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Minnesota, per the Edmonton Journal.
“If we don’t start winning games now, we’re going to put ourselves in a really hard spot come the end of the year.”
Hall thinks making the postseason is a realistic goal for the Oilers.
“I think everyone in this room realizes that we can make the playoffs,” he said. “It’s not like in the past years where we had to play out of our minds. This is a group that can do it.”
Edmonton hasn’t qualified for the postseason since it went all the way to the Stanley Cup finals in 2006. The team’s fans have largely stayed patient during the rebuild, but patience is starting to run out.
Also looming for the Oilers is a nine-game road trip, which starts next Monday against the NHL-best Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)