Feb 21, 2013, 1:57 AM EST
Back-to-back wins for the L.A. Kings in Alberta has given the defending Stanley Cup champs wins in four of their last five games.
On Wednesday, a night after displacing the Edmonton Oilers, the Kings defeated the Calgary Flames 3-1.
The Kings have played eight of their first nine games in February away from Los Angeles. They’ll return home to the Staples Center for eight of their next nine games.
“That was definitely a good road game especially coming in at two o’clock in the morning and have to get up,” Kings forward Anze Kopitar told NHL.com.
“We had a good start and that’s what we wanted, and I thought our pace of play was pretty good throughout. We didn’t have too many breakdowns, but it’s going to happen. They have skilled players that are going to make good plays. (Jonathan Bernier) was able to be there for us.”
The Flames, on the other hand, continue to struggle. They’re now only three points up on the last-place Columbus Blue Jackets in the Western Conference standings. They’ve lost three of their last four games. The Flames have been outscored a combined 12-3 in those three losses.
“Our job is to find solutions, but I don’t think the solutions are in the newspapers or in my office,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Sun.
“They’re on the ice, and it’s all a matter of being ready.”
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)