Feb 21, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Good news following a gory scene in Raleigh, N.C.: the Winnipeg Jets announced that Zach Redmond is resting comfortably after surgery to repair a laceration to his right femoral artery and vein. The procedure took three hours, according to the release (via the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait).
It probably shouldn’t be too surprising that the team also announced that Redmond is out indefinitely while recovering from that serious cut.
Click here for a detailed explanation of how the injury occurred. (As the post states, he was wearing Kevlar socks, but was cut above that area of protection.)
The 24-year-old defenseman was enjoying his rookie season with the Jets. He scored four points (one goal, three assists) in eight games while average 19:35 minutes per contest.
Mar 15, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
Having a tough season.
Mar 15, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Lots happening to start this game.
Mar 15, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Was the team’s captain, and played there from 1996 to 2008.
Mar 15, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
He was hurt against Los Angeles on Thursday.
Mar 15, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
He’s been playing center all season.
Mar 15, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
He had three assists against Vancouver on Friday.
Mar 15, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Sunday afternoon, the Vancouver Canucks face the Florida Panthers and that means a reunion with Roberto Luongo. Luongo, who was sent to Florida by Vancouver ahead of the trade deadline, has settled into a comfortable (albeit losing) situation in Sunrise. Meanwhile the Canucks have had a rough go of things lately. Luongo’s former teammates are…
Mar 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Chicago has slipped to third in the Central Division.
Mar 15, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Things aren’t going so well for the former first-overall pick.
Mar 15, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Just one of those days for Pittsburgh.
Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Al Montoya will start in his place.
Mar 15, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
They’re already without six forwards.
Mar 15, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Blue line woes hit Buffalo.
Mar 15, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Taylor Pyatt takes his spot on the top line.
Mar 15, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
He has zero goals in six games.
Mar 15, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
He hasn’t played since the Olympics.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Going from up 3-1 to down 5-3 makes for a bad night.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
He was injured March 8 against Minnesota.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
He could play Sunday against Detroit.
Mar 15, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Everyone else more or less lost or was inactive.
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 1
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)