Feb 21, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Good news following a gory scene in Raleigh, N.C.: the Winnipeg Jets announced that Zach Redmond is resting comfortably after surgery to repair a laceration to his right femoral artery and vein. The procedure took three hours, according to the release (via the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait).
It probably shouldn’t be too surprising that the team also announced that Redmond is out indefinitely while recovering from that serious cut.
Click here for a detailed explanation of how the injury occurred. (As the post states, he was wearing Kevlar socks, but was cut above that area of protection.)
The 24-year-old defenseman was enjoying his rookie season with the Jets. He scored four points (one goal, three assists) in eight games while average 19:35 minutes per contest.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)