Feb 21, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Good news following a gory scene in Raleigh, N.C.: the Winnipeg Jets announced that Zach Redmond is resting comfortably after surgery to repair a laceration to his right femoral artery and vein. The procedure took three hours, according to the release (via the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait).
It probably shouldn’t be too surprising that the team also announced that Redmond is out indefinitely while recovering from that serious cut.
Click here for a detailed explanation of how the injury occurred. (As the post states, he was wearing Kevlar socks, but was cut above that area of protection.)
The 24-year-old defenseman was enjoying his rookie season with the Jets. He scored four points (one goal, three assists) in eight games while average 19:35 minutes per contest.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)