Feb 21, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa was back skating at practice Thursday, two days after being forced to leave a game against Vancouver with an apparent head injury due to a collision with Canucks forward Jannik Hansen.
According to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc, Hossa “passed some concussion tests today and will undergo more tomorrow” before deciding if he’ll play Friday against the Sharks.
Per the Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus, Hossa said he felt “shaky” after the hit, but hopes to play tomorrow.
“He surprised me with a punch from behind,” said Hossa. “I was shaky for a few minutes right after, that’s why I didn’t return.”
Hossa’s speedy return to practice has one Vancouver media member calling the whole episode a “joke.”
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault wasn’t a fan of the suspension either. “When I saw the NHL video explanation, I had a chuckle,” he said.
Ditto for Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis: “I told Brendan Shanahan what I thought about the decision and I have nothing else to say.”
In contrast, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville was “comfortable” with the league’s ruling.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)