Feb 21, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
The thought was that the Ottawa Senators’ playoff hopes hinged on Craig Anderson after both Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza needed surgeries during the 2013 season. Now even Anderson might be out of action.
The 31-year-old goalie left the ice on Thursday after New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider collided with him in net.
Update: the team describes his injury as a sprained ankle, leaving him day-to-day.
If he ends up missing several days, it continues a stunning parade of injuries for Ottawa. The only bright side in that scenario is that the Senators have two other goalies with nice potential: big netminder Ben Bishop and prized prospect Robin Lehner.
Even so, if this is a long-term issue and the Senators still remain competitive, head coach Paul MacLean will generate some serious Jack Adams credibility.
Here’s video of the collision:
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38