Feb 21, 2013, 2:17 PM EST
Corey Crawford is ready for action.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Thursday as the ‘Hawks goalie announced he’s been cleared to return after sitting out the last three games.
Crawford was out with an upper-body injury — as to what the injury was and when it happened, well, your guess is as good as any.
The 28-year-old ‘tender wouldn’t tell reporters whether he had a concussion or not. Earlier, head coach Joel Quenneville offered shifty responses upon being asked when Crawford got hurt, saying it was either in last Tuesday’s game versus Anaheim or during last Thursday’s practice.
According to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc, Hossa “passed some concussion tests today and will undergo more tomorrow” before deciding if he’ll play Friday against the Sharks.
As for Crawford, he won’t be returning to the pipes tomorrow night when the ‘Hawks take on the Sharks at the United Center. Ray Emery will make his fourth straight start.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)