Feb 21, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is ready for action.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Thursday as the ‘Hawks goalie announced he’s been cleared to return after sitting out the last three games.
Crawford was out with an upper-body injury — as to what the injury was and when it happened, well, your guess is as good as any.
The 28-year-old ‘tender wouldn’t tell reporters whether he had a concussion or not. Earlier, head coach Joel Quenneville offered shifty responses upon being asked when Crawford got hurt, saying it was either in last Tuesday’s game versus Anaheim or during last Thursday’s practice.
According to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc, Hossa “passed some concussion tests today and will undergo more tomorrow” before deciding if he’ll play Friday against the Sharks.
As for Crawford, he won’t be returning to the pipes tomorrow night when the ‘Hawks take on the Sharks at the United Center. Ray Emery will make his fourth straight start.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights