Feb 21, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Corey Crawford is ready for action.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Thursday as the ‘Hawks goalie announced he’s been cleared to return after sitting out the last three games.
Crawford was out with an upper-body injury — as to what the injury was and when it happened, well, your guess is as good as any.
The 28-year-old ‘tender wouldn’t tell reporters whether he had a concussion or not. Earlier, head coach Joel Quenneville offered shifty responses upon being asked when Crawford got hurt, saying it was either in last Tuesday’s game versus Anaheim or during last Thursday’s practice.
According to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc, Hossa “passed some concussion tests today and will undergo more tomorrow” before deciding if he’ll play Friday against the Sharks.
As for Crawford, he won’t be returning to the pipes tomorrow night when the ‘Hawks take on the Sharks at the United Center. Ray Emery will make his fourth straight start.
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 2
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)