Feb 21, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
Philadelphia forward Scott Hartnell hit the ice for a full practice with the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms this morning at the Flyers’ training facility in Voorhees, N.J.
It was an encouraging day for Hartnell, who’s spent the last month recovering from a broken foot. But while he’s getting closer to returning (7-10 days away), he still isn’t ready for game action.
“I can tell that it’s not 100 percent, my foot,” he said, per CSNPhilly.com. “It hurts a little bit. But compared to four days ago, it feels 10 times better. So hopefully, every day I start to see improvement and feel more comfortable out there.”
Hartnell, 30, has only played three games this season. In 2011-12, he led the Flyers with 37 goals.
Even without its top goal-scorer, Philadelphia has been showing signs of offensive life. Last night, the Flyers beat Pittsburgh, 6-5. On Monday, they hammered the Islanders, 7-0.
Philadelphia (8-9-1) hosts Florida (4-7-4) tonight.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Rangers forward felt encouraged by this latest step.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
He’s lining up with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron to start.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
A Vladimir Tarasenko hit shook him up on Tuesday.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Vermont power forward was the club’s third-round pick in 2011.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Featuring Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot and a guest appearance from Curtis Lazar.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
The 43-year-old has been a big influence on his young linemates.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Granted, they have to make them first.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau continues to “experiment” on defense.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“We are all thinking the same way and going the same direction.”
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Colgate standout inks deal, will report to team.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Well, that clears it up.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Was a Hobey Baker and Mike Richter Award finalist in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Click for the video explanation.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and until the continuing legal process is completed, we will have no further comment.”
Mar 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
He was the club’s third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
It’s been a while.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)