Feb 21, 2013, 7:17 PM EDT
The sophomore winger will miss about six weeks with torn rib cage muscles, according to CSNPhilly.com. He suffered the injury during last night’s ratings record-breaking win against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Read, 26, was producing promising work in his second season with the Flyers. After collecting 47 points last season, he already had 13 (including a team-leading seven goals) in 18 games in 2013. He spent much of his time on a red-hot line with Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek.
Another young forward, Tye McGinn, is expected to return to the Flyers lineup in Read’s absence. The Flyers host the Florida Panthers in a game that started at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday night.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)