Feb 21, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
The good news is that he was awake, alert and moving after the hit. Anisimov reportedly never lost consciousness, either. He has been hospitalized for precautionary reasons, according to Columbus Blue Jackets’ communications rep Todd Sharrock.
Here’s video of the hit:
The Windsor Star’s Bob Duff reports that Quincey also suffered an injury to his left leg during the fall and will not return. Early word is that it was an unfortunate accident, as there were no penalties called on the play.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54