Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks Friday, but whether that’s with Marian Hossa in the lineup still remains to be seen.
Hossa left Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after taking a forearm to the head from Jannik Hansen early in the third period. Hossa didn’t return and on Wednesday the NHL suspended Hansen one game.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville should provide an update following Thursday’s practice.
The Hawks are currently the best team in the National Hockey League. They have a 13-0-3 record – which tied the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks for the best start to a season in league history – and are four points up on the second-place Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
Hossa, 34, has eight goals and 14 points in 16 games this season for Chicago.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5