Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks Friday, but whether that’s with Marian Hossa in the lineup still remains to be seen.
Hossa left Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after taking a forearm to the head from Jannik Hansen early in the third period. Hossa didn’t return and on Wednesday the NHL suspended Hansen one game.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville should provide an update following Thursday’s practice.
The Hawks are currently the best team in the National Hockey League. They have a 13-0-3 record – which tied the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks for the best start to a season in league history – and are four points up on the second-place Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
Hossa, 34, has eight goals and 14 points in 16 games this season for Chicago.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 6
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2