Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks Friday, but whether that’s with Marian Hossa in the lineup still remains to be seen.
Hossa left Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after taking a forearm to the head from Jannik Hansen early in the third period. Hossa didn’t return and on Wednesday the NHL suspended Hansen one game.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville should provide an update following Thursday’s practice.
The Hawks are currently the best team in the National Hockey League. They have a 13-0-3 record – which tied the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks for the best start to a season in league history – and are four points up on the second-place Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
Hossa, 34, has eight goals and 14 points in 16 games this season for Chicago.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)