Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks Friday, but whether that’s with Marian Hossa in the lineup still remains to be seen.
Hossa left Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after taking a forearm to the head from Jannik Hansen early in the third period. Hossa didn’t return and on Wednesday the NHL suspended Hansen one game.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville should provide an update following Thursday’s practice.
The Hawks are currently the best team in the National Hockey League. They have a 13-0-3 record – which tied the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks for the best start to a season in league history – and are four points up on the second-place Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
Hossa, 34, has eight goals and 14 points in 16 games this season for Chicago.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)