Feb 21, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks Friday, but whether that’s with Marian Hossa in the lineup still remains to be seen.
Hossa left Tuesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks after taking a forearm to the head from Jannik Hansen early in the third period. Hossa didn’t return and on Wednesday the NHL suspended Hansen one game.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville should provide an update following Thursday’s practice.
The Hawks are currently the best team in the National Hockey League. They have a 13-0-3 record – which tied the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks for the best start to a season in league history – and are four points up on the second-place Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference.
Hossa, 34, has eight goals and 14 points in 16 games this season for Chicago.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)