Feb 20, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Brough and I spoke with diehard hockey fan Kay Adams about two of the NHL’s hottest teams — the Chicago Blackhawks and Montreal Canadiens.
Chicago, as you may have heard, tied an NHL record on Tuesday night with a 4-3 shootout victory over Vancouver. That was its 16th consecutive game without losing in regulation, matching the mark set by the Anaheim Ducks in 2006-07.
The ‘Hawks now sit atop the Western Conference with a 13-0-3 record.
Over in the East, nobody is hotter than Les Habitants, winners of five straight and currently sitting atop the conference with an 11-4-1 record.
So on those two notes, Kay asked the following questions: What can slow down the Hawks? And to what do we attribute Montreal’s fast start?
For answers, watch the vid:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Apr 23, 2014, 2:17 AM EDT
They’ll be facing elimination on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
Stunner at the Staples Center.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Impressive, but just his first marker of the series.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Apr 22, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
“They thrived on it.”
Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Some thought he was milking an injury and even holding the wrong knee.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
Flyers fans give it right back, though.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Get this: people will be talking about Flyers goaltending.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Not exactly a thing of beauty, but it counts…
Apr 22, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Kept him out of the entire opening round.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Boston’s first win at Joe Louis Arena in seven years.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
Not the names you’d expect, huh?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Tampa Bay hits a wall called Montreal.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Another blowout coming?
Apr 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
And creates a little bit of controversy in the process.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
Could this be his last appearance with Tampa Bay?
Apr 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Also: Capitals Winter Classic and Islanders ownership talk.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Steve Mason backs up Ray Emery for Philly.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Who can take a 2-1 lead?
Apr 22, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
At least there wasn’t a school bus involved with this comparison.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)