Feb 20, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
It appears Tanner Glass has drawn Philadelphia’s ire.
Shortly after blasting Flyers forward Daniel Briere as one of the NHL’s dirtiest players, Glass got into it with Philly’s Wayne Simmonds during the first period of Wednesdays’ ‘Rivalry Night’ game:
It was quite the first period in Pittsburgh as the two teams combined for four goals, 26 penalty minutes and 28 shots on net.
The score was tied 2-2 after the opening frame.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)