Feb 20, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Another day, another batch of Red Wings injuries.
Samuelsson has only appeared in three games this season while missing time with a groin injury. The 36-year-old was reportedly injured during yesterday’s morning skate in Nashville when he took a puck off his hand.
Meanwhile, goalie Jimmy Howard is undergoing tests for a more mysterious ailment. The Wings’ number one has been experiencing blurry vision since he was “banged around” during Monday’s practice, per Holland.
Howard lasted just 11 minutes of yesterday’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Predators, departing the game after surrendering two goals on seven shots.
“He wasn’t seeing good or something like that,” said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
The Wings hosts Columbus tomorrow.
Update (5:48 p.m. ET):
Wings’ Ken Holland said Jimmy Howard has been cleared and is available to play tomorrow.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 20, 2013
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6