Feb 20, 2013, 1:08 PM EST
Another day, another batch of Red Wings injuries.
Samuelsson has only appeared in three games this season while missing time with a groin injury. The 36-year-old was reportedly injured during yesterday’s morning skate in Nashville when he took a puck off his hand.
Meanwhile, goalie Jimmy Howard is undergoing tests for a more mysterious ailment. The Wings’ number one has been experiencing blurry vision since he was “banged around” during Monday’s practice, per Holland.
Howard lasted just 11 minutes of yesterday’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Predators, departing the game after surrendering two goals on seven shots.
“He wasn’t seeing good or something like that,” said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
The Wings hosts Columbus tomorrow.
Update (5:48 p.m. ET):
Wings’ Ken Holland said Jimmy Howard has been cleared and is available to play tomorrow.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 20, 2013
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)