Feb 20, 2013, 1:08 PM EST
Another day, another batch of Red Wings injuries.
Samuelsson has only appeared in three games this season while missing time with a groin injury. The 36-year-old was reportedly injured during yesterday’s morning skate in Nashville when he took a puck off his hand.
Meanwhile, goalie Jimmy Howard is undergoing tests for a more mysterious ailment. The Wings’ number one has been experiencing blurry vision since he was “banged around” during Monday’s practice, per Holland.
Howard lasted just 11 minutes of yesterday’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Predators, departing the game after surrendering two goals on seven shots.
“He wasn’t seeing good or something like that,” said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
The Wings hosts Columbus tomorrow.
Update (5:48 p.m. ET):
Wings’ Ken Holland said Jimmy Howard has been cleared and is available to play tomorrow.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 20, 2013
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)