Feb 20, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Another day, another batch of Red Wings injuries.
Samuelsson has only appeared in three games this season while missing time with a groin injury. The 36-year-old was reportedly injured during yesterday’s morning skate in Nashville when he took a puck off his hand.
Meanwhile, goalie Jimmy Howard is undergoing tests for a more mysterious ailment. The Wings’ number one has been experiencing blurry vision since he was “banged around” during Monday’s practice, per Holland.
Howard lasted just 11 minutes of yesterday’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Predators, departing the game after surrendering two goals on seven shots.
“He wasn’t seeing good or something like that,” said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
The Wings hosts Columbus tomorrow.
Update (5:48 p.m. ET):
Wings’ Ken Holland said Jimmy Howard has been cleared and is available to play tomorrow.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 20, 2013
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)