Feb 20, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
Another day, another batch of Red Wings injuries.
Samuelsson has only appeared in three games this season while missing time with a groin injury. The 36-year-old was reportedly injured during yesterday’s morning skate in Nashville when he took a puck off his hand.
Meanwhile, goalie Jimmy Howard is undergoing tests for a more mysterious ailment. The Wings’ number one has been experiencing blurry vision since he was “banged around” during Monday’s practice, per Holland.
Howard lasted just 11 minutes of yesterday’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Predators, departing the game after surrendering two goals on seven shots.
“He wasn’t seeing good or something like that,” said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
The Wings hosts Columbus tomorrow.
Update (5:48 p.m. ET):
Wings’ Ken Holland said Jimmy Howard has been cleared and is available to play tomorrow.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 20, 2013
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 1
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 49
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 2
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 61
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)