Feb 20, 2013, 6:19 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula has issued a statement in the wake of his club firing longtime head coach Lindy Ruff.
The hockey world knows how I and the entire Buffalo Sabres organization feel about Lindy Ruff not only as a coach but also as a person. His long tenure with the Sabres has ended.
His qualities have made this decision very difficult.
I personally want Lindy to know that he can consider me a friend always.
Pegula purchased the Sabres in Feb. 2011 and, in his introductory presser, offered up this infamous line:
“Lindy and I have talked, pardon my French, but Lindy ain’t going nowhere.”
How times change.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11