Feb 20, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula has issued a statement in the wake of his club firing longtime head coach Lindy Ruff.
The hockey world knows how I and the entire Buffalo Sabres organization feel about Lindy Ruff not only as a coach but also as a person. His long tenure with the Sabres has ended.
His qualities have made this decision very difficult.
I personally want Lindy to know that he can consider me a friend always.
Pegula purchased the Sabres in Feb. 2011 and, in his introductory presser, offered up this infamous line:
“Lindy and I have talked, pardon my French, but Lindy ain’t going nowhere.”
How times change.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5