Feb 20, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As if tonight’s Flyers-Penguins rivalry game needed any more heat.
Prior to puck drop, Pittsburgh forward Tanner Glass accused Philadelphia’s Daniel Briere of being one of the NHL’s dirtiest players, according to Randy Miller of the South Jersey Courier-Post.
On Tuesday, Glass reportedly told Pittsburgh’s 970 ESPN that Briere was “one of the dirtiest players in the league,” and “undercover dirty.”
When asked about those comments, Glass re-iterated his stance on Briere’s style of play.
“For being a guy who is known as a skill guy, an offensive player, if you look back at some of his clips, his play in the past, there’s some dirty plays,” Glass explained.
Glass said he had no history with Briere, other than having played against him on a few occasions.
It is worth noting that Briere’s been suspended on numerous occasions.
In 2006, he was given a two-game suspension and fined $19,775 for high-sticking Brian Leetch.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)