Feb 20, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As if tonight’s Flyers-Penguins rivalry game needed any more heat.
Prior to puck drop, Pittsburgh forward Tanner Glass accused Philadelphia’s Daniel Briere of being one of the NHL’s dirtiest players, according to Randy Miller of the South Jersey Courier-Post.
On Tuesday, Glass reportedly told Pittsburgh’s 970 ESPN that Briere was “one of the dirtiest players in the league,” and “undercover dirty.”
When asked about those comments, Glass re-iterated his stance on Briere’s style of play.
“For being a guy who is known as a skill guy, an offensive player, if you look back at some of his clips, his play in the past, there’s some dirty plays,” Glass explained.
Glass said he had no history with Briere, other than having played against him on a few occasions.
It is worth noting that Briere’s been suspended on numerous occasions.
In 2006, he was given a two-game suspension and fined $19,775 for high-sticking Brian Leetch.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)