Feb 20, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As if tonight’s Flyers-Penguins rivalry game needed any more heat.
Prior to puck drop, Pittsburgh forward Tanner Glass accused Philadelphia’s Daniel Briere of being one of the NHL’s dirtiest players, according to Randy Miller of the South Jersey Courier-Post.
On Tuesday, Glass reportedly told Pittsburgh’s 970 ESPN that Briere was “one of the dirtiest players in the league,” and “undercover dirty.”
When asked about those comments, Glass re-iterated his stance on Briere’s style of play.
“For being a guy who is known as a skill guy, an offensive player, if you look back at some of his clips, his play in the past, there’s some dirty plays,” Glass explained.
Glass said he had no history with Briere, other than having played against him on a few occasions.
It is worth noting that Briere’s been suspended on numerous occasions.
In 2006, he was given a two-game suspension and fined $19,775 for high-sticking Brian Leetch.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 13
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 20
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 59
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 84
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 7
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional