Feb 20, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As if tonight’s Flyers-Penguins rivalry game needed any more heat.
Prior to puck drop, Pittsburgh forward Tanner Glass accused Philadelphia’s Daniel Briere of being one of the NHL’s dirtiest players, according to Randy Miller of the South Jersey Courier-Post.
On Tuesday, Glass reportedly told Pittsburgh’s 970 ESPN that Briere was “one of the dirtiest players in the league,” and “undercover dirty.”
When asked about those comments, Glass re-iterated his stance on Briere’s style of play.
“For being a guy who is known as a skill guy, an offensive player, if you look back at some of his clips, his play in the past, there’s some dirty plays,” Glass explained.
Glass said he had no history with Briere, other than having played against him on a few occasions.
It is worth noting that Briere’s been suspended on numerous occasions.
In 2006, he was given a two-game suspension and fined $19,775 for high-sticking Brian Leetch.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)