Feb 20, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
All the same, Hansen will talk to league officials this afternoon to determine if he’ll be punished beyond the two-minute roughing penalty he’s already served, according to the Chicago Tribune.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Hossa was the victim of an illegal hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres during the 2012 NHL playoffs and suffered a severe concussion as a result. He left Tuesday’s game and didn’t return.
The good news is that Hossa “seemed OK,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, although that was just a preliminary assessment.
Hansen argued that they were both going for the puck.
“He grabs the puck first and as I’m coming down I kind of land on him a little bit,” Hansen said. “Apparently, I hit him in the back of the head is what the ref was telling me once I come down. It’s hard for me to tell what really happened.”
Hansen doesn’t think he’ll get punished, but as he put it, it’s out of his hands.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22