Feb 20, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
All the same, Hansen will talk to league officials this afternoon to determine if he’ll be punished beyond the two-minute roughing penalty he’s already served, according to the Chicago Tribune.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Hossa was the victim of an illegal hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres during the 2012 NHL playoffs and suffered a severe concussion as a result. He left Tuesday’s game and didn’t return.
The good news is that Hossa “seemed OK,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, although that was just a preliminary assessment.
Hansen argued that they were both going for the puck.
“He grabs the puck first and as I’m coming down I kind of land on him a little bit,” Hansen said. “Apparently, I hit him in the back of the head is what the ref was telling me once I come down. It’s hard for me to tell what really happened.”
Hansen doesn’t think he’ll get punished, but as he put it, it’s out of his hands.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 11
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 36
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21