Feb 20, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
All the same, Hansen will talk to league officials this afternoon to determine if he’ll be punished beyond the two-minute roughing penalty he’s already served, according to the Chicago Tribune.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Hossa was the victim of an illegal hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres during the 2012 NHL playoffs and suffered a severe concussion as a result. He left Tuesday’s game and didn’t return.
The good news is that Hossa “seemed OK,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, although that was just a preliminary assessment.
Hansen argued that they were both going for the puck.
“He grabs the puck first and as I’m coming down I kind of land on him a little bit,” Hansen said. “Apparently, I hit him in the back of the head is what the ref was telling me once I come down. It’s hard for me to tell what really happened.”
Hansen doesn’t think he’ll get punished, but as he put it, it’s out of his hands.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)