Feb 20, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
All the same, Hansen will talk to league officials this afternoon to determine if he’ll be punished beyond the two-minute roughing penalty he’s already served, according to the Chicago Tribune.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Hossa was the victim of an illegal hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres during the 2012 NHL playoffs and suffered a severe concussion as a result. He left Tuesday’s game and didn’t return.
The good news is that Hossa “seemed OK,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, although that was just a preliminary assessment.
Hansen argued that they were both going for the puck.
“He grabs the puck first and as I’m coming down I kind of land on him a little bit,” Hansen said. “Apparently, I hit him in the back of the head is what the ref was telling me once I come down. It’s hard for me to tell what really happened.”
Hansen doesn’t think he’ll get punished, but as he put it, it’s out of his hands.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)