Feb 20, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
All the same, Hansen will talk to league officials this afternoon to determine if he’ll be punished beyond the two-minute roughing penalty he’s already served, according to the Chicago Tribune.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Hossa was the victim of an illegal hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres during the 2012 NHL playoffs and suffered a severe concussion as a result. He left Tuesday’s game and didn’t return.
The good news is that Hossa “seemed OK,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, although that was just a preliminary assessment.
Hansen argued that they were both going for the puck.
“He grabs the puck first and as I’m coming down I kind of land on him a little bit,” Hansen said. “Apparently, I hit him in the back of the head is what the ref was telling me once I come down. It’s hard for me to tell what really happened.”
Hansen doesn’t think he’ll get punished, but as he put it, it’s out of his hands.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)