Feb 20, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Rick Nash is primed to miss his second straight contest with an undisclosed injury, as he won’t travel to Ottawa for Thursday’s game against the Senators, ESPN’s Katie Strang reports.
Strang does note, however, that Nash could still re-join the team in Montreal (the Rangers play the Habs on Saturday at the Bell Centre.)
The big winger missed Tuesday night’s contest against the Canadiens — a 3-1 Rangers loss — the first time he’s been held out of a game since joining the Rangers via trade last summer.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last few days. On the weekend, he missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
Nash was then listed as questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the Caps game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he told Strang.
More, from Brooks:
The Rangers aren’t saying anything about the condition of Nash, who played two days after taking the unpenalized hit and then again three days after that despite a couple of days that we know of, when he wasn’t feeling well.
No one is saying whether No. 61 is suffering post-concussion symptoms. Perhaps more to the point, no one is saying he isn’t.
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)