Feb 20, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green lasted just 10 minutes of practice today as he continues to recover from an unspecified lower-body injury.
But Washington head coach Adam Oates wouldn’t rule Green out of Thursday’s home game against Devils, explaining that his top defenseman only practiced for a short time because he “didn’t want to be explosive” yet.
Green missed Sunday’s 2-1 loss to the Rangers. The 27-year-old is averaging 26:33 per game, the most of any Capital. He played just 32 games in 2011-12 as he was forced to deal with a “significant” groin injury.
In other Caps news, Braden Holtby will get his fifth straight start in goal tomorrow.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32