Feb 20, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green lasted just 10 minutes of practice today as he continues to recover from an unspecified lower-body injury.
But Washington head coach Adam Oates wouldn’t rule Green out of Thursday’s home game against Devils, explaining that his top defenseman only practiced for a short time because he “didn’t want to be explosive” yet.
Green missed Sunday’s 2-1 loss to the Rangers. The 27-year-old is averaging 26:33 per game, the most of any Capital. He played just 32 games in 2011-12 as he was forced to deal with a “significant” groin injury.
In other Caps news, Braden Holtby will get his fifth straight start in goal tomorrow.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)