Feb 20, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green lasted just 10 minutes of practice today as he continues to recover from an unspecified lower-body injury.
But Washington head coach Adam Oates wouldn’t rule Green out of Thursday’s home game against Devils, explaining that his top defenseman only practiced for a short time because he “didn’t want to be explosive” yet.
Green missed Sunday’s 2-1 loss to the Rangers. The 27-year-old is averaging 26:33 per game, the most of any Capital. He played just 32 games in 2011-12 as he was forced to deal with a “significant” groin injury.
In other Caps news, Braden Holtby will get his fifth straight start in goal tomorrow.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)