Feb 20, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green lasted just 10 minutes of practice today as he continues to recover from an unspecified lower-body injury.
But Washington head coach Adam Oates wouldn’t rule Green out of Thursday’s home game against Devils, explaining that his top defenseman only practiced for a short time because he “didn’t want to be explosive” yet.
Green missed Sunday’s 2-1 loss to the Rangers. The 27-year-old is averaging 26:33 per game, the most of any Capital. He played just 32 games in 2011-12 as he was forced to deal with a “significant” groin injury.
In other Caps news, Braden Holtby will get his fifth straight start in goal tomorrow.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5