Feb 20, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
According to NHL.com, Read took a puck off the chest in the first period.
Paul Holmgren says Matt Read will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Injury still unspecified as upper-body, some thinking concussion is possible.—
Frank Seravalli (@DNFlyers) February 21, 2013
The Flyers held to beat the Penguins 6-5. Philadelphia twice went up by a pair of goals in the third period, but Pittsburgh actually tied things up five goals apiece with less than three minutes remaining in regulation.
Thirty-two seconds after the Penguins tied it, Flyers’ winger Jakub Voracek scored the winner.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42