Feb 20, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
According to NHL.com, Read took a puck off the chest in the first period.
The Flyers held to beat the Penguins 6-5. Philadelphia twice went up by a pair of goals in the third period, but Pittsburgh actually tied things up five goals apiece with less than three minutes remaining in regulation.
Thirty-two seconds after the Penguins tied it, Flyers’ winger Jakub Voracek scored the winner.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32