Feb 20, 2013, 7:27 PM EST
Here’s the video explanation from NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan:
Based on his average annual salary, Hansen will forfeit $7,297.30 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
As mentioned in the video, this is Hansen’s first time dealing with supplemental discipline from the league. He’s never been fined nor suspended during his six-year NHL career, which played a factor in Shanahan’s decision.
That said, the suspension will still likely draw the ire of Canucks management.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault was reportedly upset after participating in the conference call with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
“I don’t even know why we had the call,” Vigneault told the Vancouver Sun.
When asked if he expressed to Shanahan he felt the hearing was unnecessary, Vigneault replied “very clearly, very clearly.”
As for Hossa’s health, the ‘Hawks were tight-lipped on Wednesday. The only semblance of an update was from head coach Joel Quenneville, who said Hossa “seemed OK” following the game.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
No Zetterberg or Datsyuk for the Wings equals an opportunity for the Flyers.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 AM EST
He’ll back up Curtis McElhinney for the time being.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
He’ll be 39-years-old when it expires.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
The actual number may have been even worse.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
These two teams met in the 1997 Stanley Cup Final.
Dec 4, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links ahead to start the day.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:02 AM EST
He’s ahead of schedule, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:46 AM EST
Phoenix embattled them 6-2 on Tuesday.
Dec 3, 2013, 11:49 PM EST
He believes his problems are concussion-related.
Dec 3, 2013, 11:33 PM EST
That happened during Vancouver’s 3-1 win against Nashville.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
Dallas is generating villains left and right.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
San Jose beat them 4-2 on Tuesday.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:07 PM EST
Two consecutive OT defeats for the Isles, too.
Dec 3, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Jeff Skinner fueled Carolina’s win.
Dec 3, 2013, 9:39 PM EST
This year’s spin-o-rama.
Dec 3, 2013, 9:08 PM EST
Columbus holds its breath.
Dec 3, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Tampa Bay is black-and-blue.
Dec 3, 2013, 7:54 PM EST
Washington’s offensive defenseman has zero this season.
Dec 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
“The Great One” has been waiting years for Coyotes coaching cash.
Dec 3, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
Nazem Kadri’s out vs. San Jose, too.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 6
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 27
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)