Feb 20, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a pair of forwards back for Thursday’s game in Detroit, with a third waiting in the wings.
Atkinson has been out of the lineup since Jan. 23 and has missed the last 13 games with a high ankle sprain, while Anisimov was injured during last week’s game against the Kings and missed the last two contests — losses to the Coyotes and Ducks.
The aforementioned third forward, Brandon Dubinsky, is still dealing with a left knee injury suffered against Phoenix, which could be more severe than the day-to-day designation it was first assigned.
“Probably more than day-to-day,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “It might be a week or two weeks.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54