Feb 20, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a pair of forwards back for Thursday’s game in Detroit, with a third waiting in the wings.
Atkinson has been out of the lineup since Jan. 23 and has missed the last 13 games with a high ankle sprain, while Anisimov was injured during last week’s game against the Kings and missed the last two contests — losses to the Coyotes and Ducks.
The aforementioned third forward, Brandon Dubinsky, is still dealing with a left knee injury suffered against Phoenix, which could be more severe than the day-to-day designation it was first assigned.
“Probably more than day-to-day,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “It might be a week or two weeks.”
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)