Feb 20, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a pair of forwards back for Thursday’s game in Detroit, with a third waiting in the wings.
Atkinson has been out of the lineup since Jan. 23 and has missed the last 13 games with a high ankle sprain, while Anisimov was injured during last week’s game against the Kings and missed the last two contests — losses to the Coyotes and Ducks.
The aforementioned third forward, Brandon Dubinsky, is still dealing with a left knee injury suffered against Phoenix, which could be more severe than the day-to-day designation it was first assigned.
“Probably more than day-to-day,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “It might be a week or two weeks.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 18
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)