Feb 20, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a pair of forwards back for Thursday’s game in Detroit, with a third waiting in the wings.
Atkinson has been out of the lineup since Jan. 23 and has missed the last 13 games with a high ankle sprain, while Anisimov was injured during last week’s game against the Kings and missed the last two contests — losses to the Coyotes and Ducks.
The aforementioned third forward, Brandon Dubinsky, is still dealing with a left knee injury suffered against Phoenix, which could be more severe than the day-to-day designation it was first assigned.
“Probably more than day-to-day,” Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “It might be a week or two weeks.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5