Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11 for high-sticking Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey on Sunday, the NHL announced today.
The fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA; as a first-time offender, the most Setoguchi, 26, could be forced to pay was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.
Setoguchi was given a double-minor for high-sticking on the play, which occurred in the second period of the Wild’s 3-2 victory over Detroit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5