Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11 for high-sticking Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey on Sunday, the NHL announced today.
The fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA; as a first-time offender, the most Setoguchi, 26, could be forced to pay was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.
Setoguchi was given a double-minor for high-sticking on the play, which occurred in the second period of the Wild’s 3-2 victory over Detroit.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54