Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11 for high-sticking Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey on Sunday, the NHL announced today.
The fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA; as a first-time offender, the most Setoguchi, 26, could be forced to pay was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.
Setoguchi was given a double-minor for high-sticking on the play, which occurred in the second period of the Wild’s 3-2 victory over Detroit.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 22
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)