Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11 for high-sticking Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey on Sunday, the NHL announced today.
The fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA; as a first-time offender, the most Setoguchi, 26, could be forced to pay was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.
Setoguchi was given a double-minor for high-sticking on the play, which occurred in the second period of the Wild’s 3-2 victory over Detroit.
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 0
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 34
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)