Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has been fined $8,108.11 for high-sticking Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey on Sunday, the NHL announced today.
The fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA; as a first-time offender, the most Setoguchi, 26, could be forced to pay was the lesser of $10,000 or one-half of his daily salary.
Setoguchi was given a double-minor for high-sticking on the play, which occurred in the second period of the Wild’s 3-2 victory over Detroit.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)