Feb 19, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will miss tonight’s home game against Vancouver after taking a shot in a sensitive area on Sunday.
When asked if Seabrook took a shot in the ribs, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville reportedly replied, “Uh, somewhere.”
Seabrook is averaging 23:32 per game, so his absence will be felt. Only Duncan Keith (24:10) logs more ice for the ‘Hawks.
In other Chicago injury news, Corey Crawford “did well” at today’s pre-practice skate, according to Quenneville. The 28-year-old goalie has been out with what the team is calling an upper-body injury (but others are suspecting is a concussion.)
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63