Feb 19, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will miss tonight’s home game against Vancouver after taking a shot in a sensitive area on Sunday.
When asked if Seabrook took a shot in the ribs, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville reportedly replied, “Uh, somewhere.”
Seabrook is averaging 23:32 per game, so his absence will be felt. Only Duncan Keith (24:10) logs more ice for the ‘Hawks.
In other Chicago injury news, Corey Crawford “did well” at today’s pre-practice skate, according to Quenneville. The 28-year-old goalie has been out with what the team is calling an upper-body injury (but others are suspecting is a concussion.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25