Feb 19, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will miss tonight’s home game against Vancouver after taking a shot in a sensitive area on Sunday.
When asked if Seabrook took a shot in the ribs, Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville reportedly replied, “Uh, somewhere.”
Seabrook is averaging 23:32 per game, so his absence will be felt. Only Duncan Keith (24:10) logs more ice for the ‘Hawks.
In other Chicago injury news, Corey Crawford “did well” at today’s pre-practice skate, according to Quenneville. The 28-year-old goalie has been out with what the team is calling an upper-body injury (but others are suspecting is a concussion.)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5