Feb 19, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars usually lean a lot on goalie Kari Lehtonen, who’s currently on the injured reserve with a lower-body issue. While he remains day-to-day, Dallas Stars Inside Edge presents some promising news: he could resume on-ice workouts in the next few days.
“I know he is still day-to-day and is at the other rink working out,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said.
Lehtonen, 29, appeared to hurt himself while making a save in the Stars’ eventual 4-3 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 15.
As much of a workhorse as he’s been since being traded to Dallas, he’s still shadowed by worries about fragility from his days as an Atlanta Thrashers netminder. Unfortunately, it’s with good reason, too; he missed 12 games with a similar injury in 2011-12.
We’ll see if the Stars’ optimistic early readings on this injury were accurate or overly optimistic.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)