Feb 19, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Dallas Stars usually lean a lot on goalie Kari Lehtonen, who’s currently on the injured reserve with a lower-body issue. While he remains day-to-day, Dallas Stars Inside Edge presents some promising news: he could resume on-ice workouts in the next few days.
“I know he is still day-to-day and is at the other rink working out,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said.
Lehtonen, 29, appeared to hurt himself while making a save in the Stars’ eventual 4-3 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 15.
As much of a workhorse as he’s been since being traded to Dallas, he’s still shadowed by worries about fragility from his days as an Atlanta Thrashers netminder. Unfortunately, it’s with good reason, too; he missed 12 games with a similar injury in 2011-12.
We’ll see if the Stars’ optimistic early readings on this injury were accurate or overly optimistic.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (141)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)