Feb 19, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars usually lean a lot on goalie Kari Lehtonen, who’s currently on the injured reserve with a lower-body issue. While he remains day-to-day, Dallas Stars Inside Edge presents some promising news: he could resume on-ice workouts in the next few days.
“I know he is still day-to-day and is at the other rink working out,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said.
Lehtonen, 29, appeared to hurt himself while making a save in the Stars’ eventual 4-3 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 15.
As much of a workhorse as he’s been since being traded to Dallas, he’s still shadowed by worries about fragility from his days as an Atlanta Thrashers netminder. Unfortunately, it’s with good reason, too; he missed 12 games with a similar injury in 2011-12.
We’ll see if the Stars’ optimistic early readings on this injury were accurate or overly optimistic.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)