Feb 19, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars usually lean a lot on goalie Kari Lehtonen, who’s currently on the injured reserve with a lower-body issue. While he remains day-to-day, Dallas Stars Inside Edge presents some promising news: he could resume on-ice workouts in the next few days.
“I know he is still day-to-day and is at the other rink working out,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said.
Lehtonen, 29, appeared to hurt himself while making a save in the Stars’ eventual 4-3 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 15.
As much of a workhorse as he’s been since being traded to Dallas, he’s still shadowed by worries about fragility from his days as an Atlanta Thrashers netminder. Unfortunately, it’s with good reason, too; he missed 12 games with a similar injury in 2011-12.
We’ll see if the Stars’ optimistic early readings on this injury were accurate or overly optimistic.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63