Feb 19, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Dallas Stars usually lean a lot on goalie Kari Lehtonen, who’s currently on the injured reserve with a lower-body issue. While he remains day-to-day, Dallas Stars Inside Edge presents some promising news: he could resume on-ice workouts in the next few days.
“I know he is still day-to-day and is at the other rink working out,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said.
Lehtonen, 29, appeared to hurt himself while making a save in the Stars’ eventual 4-3 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 15.
As much of a workhorse as he’s been since being traded to Dallas, he’s still shadowed by worries about fragility from his days as an Atlanta Thrashers netminder. Unfortunately, it’s with good reason, too; he missed 12 games with a similar injury in 2011-12.
We’ll see if the Stars’ optimistic early readings on this injury were accurate or overly optimistic.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)