Feb 19, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Rick Nash will miss his first game for the Rangers on Tuesday night when the Blueshirts host the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing the 28-year-old winger. Nash was questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he said to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last four days. On the weekend, Nash missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
Sounds as though both Chris Kreider and recently called-up Brandon Mashinter will dress for the Rangers tonight.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
“It’s a bad position, I guess.”
Mar 10, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Veteran winger won’t play tonight vs. Phoenix.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
The 13th overall pick in the 2010 draft.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Tough blow for Montreal.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
With Jay Beagle and Tom Wilson.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Deadline deal could end up being a masterstroke.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Columbus is fighting hard for a spot in the postseason.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
No desire to go through a Dan Girardi/Ryan Callahan situation.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Welcome to modern hockey philosophy.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
He was given a double-minor on the play.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day ahead.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
St. Louis has had Minnesota’s (and the league’s) number lately.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles took its seventh win in a row despite the incident.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Keeping pace with other West powers.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Don’t worry, they won’t join the Washington Generals.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Impressively, he returned to action in the second period.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Patrick Kane comes home.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Brian Elliott gets a rare start for St. Louis.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It might be due to an Ed Jovanovski hit.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 14
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 50
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 38
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)