Feb 19, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Rick Nash will miss his first game for the Rangers on Tuesday night when the Blueshirts host the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing the 28-year-old winger. Nash was questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he said to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last four days. On the weekend, Nash missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
Sounds as though both Chris Kreider and recently called-up Brandon Mashinter will dress for the Rangers tonight.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)