Feb 19, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Rick Nash will miss his first game for the Rangers on Tuesday night when the Blueshirts host the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing the 28-year-old winger. Nash was questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he said to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last four days. On the weekend, Nash missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
Sounds as though both Chris Kreider and recently called-up Brandon Mashinter will dress for the Rangers tonight.
- Report: No fine or suspension for Perry’s spear on Benn 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 23
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 41
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42