Feb 19, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Rick Nash will miss his first game for the Rangers on Tuesday night when the Blueshirts host the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing the 28-year-old winger. Nash was questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he said to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last four days. On the weekend, Nash missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
Sounds as though both Chris Kreider and recently called-up Brandon Mashinter will dress for the Rangers tonight.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)