Feb 19, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
Rick Nash will miss his first game for the Rangers on Tuesday night when the Blueshirts host the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing the 28-year-old winger. Nash was questionable for Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he said to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Playing coy with Nash’s health has been a theme over the last four days. On the weekend, Nash missed a Saturday practice, something that Tortorella chalked up to a “body maintenance day.”
In 14 games this year Nash has 3G-9A-12PTS while averaging 21:24 of ice time.
Sounds as though both Chris Kreider and recently called-up Brandon Mashinter will dress for the Rangers tonight.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)