Feb 19, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers rank dead last in a number of key statistical categories this season: goals allowed per game (3.73), goal differential (minus-21) and overtime/shoot-out losses (four).
Those facts alone are depressing — but wait, there’s more!
According to George Richards of the Miami Herald, the Panthers racked up a few more dubious feats during their current five-game winless streak.
The Panthers have:
— Been outscored 21-10 and shutout three times. Florida’s four shutouts this season lead the league;
— Tied an NHL record for losing three straight games in overtime, becoming only the second (Nashville) to do it all on home ice;
— Became the first NHL team this season to lose two games when scoring five goals. St. Louis is the only other team to have ‘accomplished’ that feat.
On Monday, Florida was handled rather easily at home against Toronto — the Leafs won 3-0 — pushing the Panthers’ home record to 2-3-3 this year.
Considering how good Florida was at the BB&T Center last season (21-9-11, 10th best in the NHL), it’s not surprising this turn of events is eating at the entire team.
“It’s frustrating times and we have to find ways to be more consistent,” Brian Campbell told the Herald. “It stings a lot. We wanted to come into [this homestand] and make it to .500 and we’re not there.
“We have a lot of work to do going on the road. To have a fairly good road trip, then come home for this, it hurts.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)