Feb 19, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
The NHL won’t issue any supplemental discipline to Ottawa’s David Dziurzynski or Chris Neil after the pair nailed Devils forward Ryan Carter into the glass during the Sens’ 2-1 shootout win on Monday, according to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
Here’s the incident in question:
Carter, 29, suffered a head injury on the play (possibly a concussion) but said he didn’t remember enough specifics of the hit to deem it dirty or not.
“I feel alright. We’ll review it with the doctors and see what happens here,” Carter told the Star-Ledger. “I don’t recall how the hit went. I know there was a guy on my back side and a guy on my front side. I haven’t seen the video to know exactly what happened.”
According to Chere, the league didn’t feel a hearing was necessary with either Dziuzynski or Neil.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)