Feb 19, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
The NHL won’t issue any supplemental discipline to Ottawa’s David Dziurzynski or Chris Neil after the pair nailed Devils forward Ryan Carter into the glass during the Sens’ 2-1 shootout win on Monday, according to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
Here’s the incident in question:
Carter, 29, suffered a head injury on the play (possibly a concussion) but said he didn’t remember enough specifics of the hit to deem it dirty or not.
“I feel alright. We’ll review it with the doctors and see what happens here,” Carter told the Star-Ledger. “I don’t recall how the hit went. I know there was a guy on my back side and a guy on my front side. I haven’t seen the video to know exactly what happened.”
According to Chere, the league didn’t feel a hearing was necessary with either Dziuzynski or Neil.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 13
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 9
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 52
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (52)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)