Feb 19, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
The NHL won’t issue any supplemental discipline to Ottawa’s David Dziurzynski or Chris Neil after the pair nailed Devils forward Ryan Carter into the glass during the Sens’ 2-1 shootout win on Monday, according to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
Here’s the incident in question:
Carter, 29, suffered a head injury on the play (possibly a concussion) but said he didn’t remember enough specifics of the hit to deem it dirty or not.
“I feel alright. We’ll review it with the doctors and see what happens here,” Carter told the Star-Ledger. “I don’t recall how the hit went. I know there was a guy on my back side and a guy on my front side. I haven’t seen the video to know exactly what happened.”
According to Chere, the league didn’t feel a hearing was necessary with either Dziuzynski or Neil.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)