Feb 19, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
The NHL won’t issue any supplemental discipline to Ottawa’s David Dziurzynski or Chris Neil after the pair nailed Devils forward Ryan Carter into the glass during the Sens’ 2-1 shootout win on Monday, according to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
Here’s the incident in question:
Carter, 29, suffered a head injury on the play (possibly a concussion) but said he didn’t remember enough specifics of the hit to deem it dirty or not.
“I feel alright. We’ll review it with the doctors and see what happens here,” Carter told the Star-Ledger. “I don’t recall how the hit went. I know there was a guy on my back side and a guy on my front side. I haven’t seen the video to know exactly what happened.”
According to Chere, the league didn’t feel a hearing was necessary with either Dziuzynski or Neil.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)