Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg is day-to-day with an undisclosed upper body injury, however it is not a concussion, according to Miami Herald sports writer George Richards.
Versteeg, 26, hasn’t played since Feb. 12 against the Washington Capitals. He had one goal and three points in seven games with the Panthers this season, although he had one point in his last five games.
The Panthers recalled Mike Santorelli from the San Antonio Rampage as a precaution, wrote Richards.
The Panthers are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night. Leafs goalie Ben Scrivens posted a 37-save shutout. Florida is 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 4-7-4 record.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6