Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg is day-to-day with an undisclosed upper body injury, however it is not a concussion, according to Miami Herald sports writer George Richards.
Versteeg, 26, hasn’t played since Feb. 12 against the Washington Capitals. He had one goal and three points in seven games with the Panthers this season, although he had one point in his last five games.
The Panthers recalled Mike Santorelli from the San Antonio Rampage as a precaution, wrote Richards.
The Panthers are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night. Leafs goalie Ben Scrivens posted a 37-save shutout. Florida is 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 4-7-4 record.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)