Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 AM EST
Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg is day-to-day with an undisclosed upper body injury, however it is not a concussion, according to Miami Herald sports writer George Richards.
Versteeg, 26, hasn’t played since Feb. 12 against the Washington Capitals. He had one goal and three points in seven games with the Panthers this season, although he had one point in his last five games.
The Panthers recalled Mike Santorelli from the San Antonio Rampage as a precaution, wrote Richards.
The Panthers are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night. Leafs goalie Ben Scrivens posted a 37-save shutout. Florida is 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 4-7-4 record.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 12
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (122)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)