Feb 19, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg is day-to-day with an undisclosed upper body injury, however it is not a concussion, according to Miami Herald sports writer George Richards.
Versteeg, 26, hasn’t played since Feb. 12 against the Washington Capitals. He had one goal and three points in seven games with the Panthers this season, although he had one point in his last five games.
The Panthers recalled Mike Santorelli from the San Antonio Rampage as a precaution, wrote Richards.
The Panthers are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday night. Leafs goalie Ben Scrivens posted a 37-save shutout. Florida is 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 4-7-4 record.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)