Feb 19, 2013, 12:30 AM EST
The Kings skated in Edmonton on Monday, a day after their attempted comeback against the Chicago Blackhawks fell one goal short.
The Kings, who take on the Oilers tomorrow, have continued to play inconsistent hockey since the start of the 2013 lockout-shortened season. Traveling to Alberta, the Kings had won three of their seven games to date in the month of February, and are 14th in the Western Conference standings.
Meanwhile, the Oilers received good news on the injury front.
Teemu Hartikainen, who left Saturday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche with a reported shoulder injury, expects to be in the lineup against the Kings Tuesday, according to the Edmonton Journal.
“I got a bad hit from a bad angle that pushed my shoulder down. It hurt during the game and yesterday, but it feels pretty good now,” said Hartikainen.
“Everything looks OK. I can shoot. I can pass. I don’t feel anything when I’m on the ice. I think I’m good to go.”
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)