Feb 19, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Even after an explosive 7-0 win against the New York Islanders on Monday, the Philadelphia Flyers could really use power forward Scott Hartnell.
The Flyers announced that Hartnell’s broken foot is improving, with an update expected following a doctor’s visit on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old winger suffered the injury from a Kimmo Timonen shot on Jan. 22. He only managed to play three games for Philly so far in 2013, managing an assist but being active with 13 shots on goal.
It’s tough to imagine Peter Laviolette avoiding the Hartnell-Claude Giroux pairing for too long after whenever he returns. The Flyers would be wise to keep things the same for Jakub Voracek, however; “Baby Jagr” has 12 points in his last 10 games.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)