Feb 19, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
Even after an explosive 7-0 win against the New York Islanders on Monday, the Philadelphia Flyers could really use power forward Scott Hartnell.
The Flyers announced that Hartnell’s broken foot is improving, with an update expected following a doctor’s visit on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old winger suffered the injury from a Kimmo Timonen shot on Jan. 22. He only managed to play three games for Philly so far in 2013, managing an assist but being active with 13 shots on goal.
It’s tough to imagine Peter Laviolette avoiding the Hartnell-Claude Giroux pairing for too long after whenever he returns. The Flyers would be wise to keep things the same for Jakub Voracek, however; “Baby Jagr” has 12 points in his last 10 games.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)