Feb 19, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Even after an explosive 7-0 win against the New York Islanders on Monday, the Philadelphia Flyers could really use power forward Scott Hartnell.
The Flyers announced that Hartnell’s broken foot is improving, with an update expected following a doctor’s visit on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old winger suffered the injury from a Kimmo Timonen shot on Jan. 22. He only managed to play three games for Philly so far in 2013, managing an assist but being active with 13 shots on goal.
It’s tough to imagine Peter Laviolette avoiding the Hartnell-Claude Giroux pairing for too long after whenever he returns. The Flyers would be wise to keep things the same for Jakub Voracek, however; “Baby Jagr” has 12 points in his last 10 games.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)