Feb 19, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
Even after an explosive 7-0 win against the New York Islanders on Monday, the Philadelphia Flyers could really use power forward Scott Hartnell.
The Flyers announced that Hartnell’s broken foot is improving, with an update expected following a doctor’s visit on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old winger suffered the injury from a Kimmo Timonen shot on Jan. 22. He only managed to play three games for Philly so far in 2013, managing an assist but being active with 13 shots on goal.
It’s tough to imagine Peter Laviolette avoiding the Hartnell-Claude Giroux pairing for too long after whenever he returns. The Flyers would be wise to keep things the same for Jakub Voracek, however; “Baby Jagr” has 12 points in his last 10 games.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)