Feb 19, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Even after an explosive 7-0 win against the New York Islanders on Monday, the Philadelphia Flyers could really use power forward Scott Hartnell.
The Flyers announced that Hartnell’s broken foot is improving, with an update expected following a doctor’s visit on Wednesday.
The 30-year-old winger suffered the injury from a Kimmo Timonen shot on Jan. 22. He only managed to play three games for Philly so far in 2013, managing an assist but being active with 13 shots on goal.
It’s tough to imagine Peter Laviolette avoiding the Hartnell-Claude Giroux pairing for too long after whenever he returns. The Flyers would be wise to keep things the same for Jakub Voracek, however; “Baby Jagr” has 12 points in his last 10 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (97)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)