Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
There has been no official word on whether Fowler is suffering a concussion, although he told Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that he has been symptom-free for “four or five days now.” He also – at least publicly – harbors no grudge towards the 30-year-old Stoll.
“Well, it’s just one of those things that happens with hockey,” Fowler told the Orange County Register.
“Jarret Stoll, he’s obviously not that type of player. I know he wasn’t trying to put me in that situation. It’s something that ended up happening.
“It’s just such a quick sport and a split-second decision.”
Before the injury, the 21-year-old Fowler had registered one assist in six games for the now red-hot Ducks.
The 2013 season marks Fowler’s third National Hockey League campaign. The Ducks defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 on Monday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)