Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
There has been no official word on whether Fowler is suffering a concussion, although he told Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that he has been symptom-free for “four or five days now.” He also – at least publicly – harbors no grudge towards the 30-year-old Stoll.
“Well, it’s just one of those things that happens with hockey,” Fowler told the Orange County Register.
“Jarret Stoll, he’s obviously not that type of player. I know he wasn’t trying to put me in that situation. It’s something that ended up happening.
“It’s just such a quick sport and a split-second decision.”
Before the injury, the 21-year-old Fowler had registered one assist in six games for the now red-hot Ducks.
The 2013 season marks Fowler’s third National Hockey League campaign. The Ducks defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 on Monday.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)