Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
There has been no official word on whether Fowler is suffering a concussion, although he told Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that he has been symptom-free for “four or five days now.” He also – at least publicly – harbors no grudge towards the 30-year-old Stoll.
“Well, it’s just one of those things that happens with hockey,” Fowler told the Orange County Register.
“Jarret Stoll, he’s obviously not that type of player. I know he wasn’t trying to put me in that situation. It’s something that ended up happening.
“It’s just such a quick sport and a split-second decision.”
Before the injury, the 21-year-old Fowler had registered one assist in six games for the now red-hot Ducks.
The 2013 season marks Fowler’s third National Hockey League campaign. The Ducks defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 on Monday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5