Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
There has been no official word on whether Fowler is suffering a concussion, although he told Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that he has been symptom-free for “four or five days now.” He also – at least publicly – harbors no grudge towards the 30-year-old Stoll.
“Well, it’s just one of those things that happens with hockey,” Fowler told the Orange County Register.
“Jarret Stoll, he’s obviously not that type of player. I know he wasn’t trying to put me in that situation. It’s something that ended up happening.
“It’s just such a quick sport and a split-second decision.”
Before the injury, the 21-year-old Fowler had registered one assist in six games for the now red-hot Ducks.
The 2013 season marks Fowler’s third National Hockey League campaign. The Ducks defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 on Monday.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)