Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
There has been no official word on whether Fowler is suffering a concussion, although he told Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register that he has been symptom-free for “four or five days now.” He also – at least publicly – harbors no grudge towards the 30-year-old Stoll.
“Well, it’s just one of those things that happens with hockey,” Fowler told the Orange County Register.
“Jarret Stoll, he’s obviously not that type of player. I know he wasn’t trying to put me in that situation. It’s something that ended up happening.
“It’s just such a quick sport and a split-second decision.”
Before the injury, the 21-year-old Fowler had registered one assist in six games for the now red-hot Ducks.
The 2013 season marks Fowler’s third National Hockey League campaign. The Ducks defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 on Monday.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15