Feb 19, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lost Marian Hossa for at least Tuesday, but a 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks allowed them to tie the NHL record with at least a point in the first 16 games of their season.
The 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks did it as well. In case you’re wondering, the Ducks were 12-0-4 while the Blackhawks are 13-0-3. Chicago can be alone in the record books with a win or charity point against the San Jose Sharks in a game at the United Center on Friday.
Here are a few fun facts:
- Chicago is second overall in goals per game (3.93) and also second overall in goals allowed per game (1.94). Overall, they boast a +21 goal differential.
- They have five players with 10 points or more: Patrick Kane (22), Jonathan Toews (15), Hossa (14), Patrick Sharp (14) and Duncan Keith (10).
- Only six out of 16 games have come at home.
- Even with starter Corey Crawford (upper-body) injured, Ray Emery has been perfect, with a 6-0-0 record.
Sure, this milestone might not feel as fulfilling if Hossa’s injury is significant, but it’s impressive nonetheless.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT(Edit)
Series now even at one.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT(Edit)
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT(Edit)
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT(Edit)
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT(Edit)
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT(Edit)
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT(Edit)
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT(Edit)
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT(Edit)
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT(Edit)
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT(Edit)
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT(Edit)
He’s no Eric Lindros.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 5
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 33
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13