Feb 19, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
There was a welcome sight at Avalanche practice on Tuesday as captain Gabriel Landeskog skated with teammates for the first time since being concussed in late January.
Landeskog, was injured on a Brad Stuart hit in a loss to the Sharks on Jan. 26 and had only resumed skating on his own last Friday.
He wore an orange non-contact jersey on Tuesday, but did participate in some drills.
The reigning Calder Trophy winner, Landeskog had 1G-0A-1PT through four games this year while averaging 18:34 of ice time.
There’s still no set timetable on when he could return to action.
The Avs next play on Wednesday at home against St. Louis before heading out on a three-game California road trip with games in Los Angeles (Sat, Feb. 23), Anaheim (Sun, Feb. 24) and, interestingly, San Jose (Tues, Feb. 26) — the same place that Landeskog was hurt, a month to the day from when the injury first occurred.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)