Feb 19, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
There was a welcome sight at Avalanche practice on Tuesday as captain Gabriel Landeskog skated with teammates for the first time since being concussed in late January.
Landeskog, was injured on a Brad Stuart hit in a loss to the Sharks on Jan. 26 and had only resumed skating on his own last Friday.
He wore an orange non-contact jersey on Tuesday, but did participate in some drills.
The reigning Calder Trophy winner, Landeskog had 1G-0A-1PT through four games this year while averaging 18:34 of ice time.
There’s still no set timetable on when he could return to action.
The Avs next play on Wednesday at home against St. Louis before heading out on a three-game California road trip with games in Los Angeles (Sat, Feb. 23), Anaheim (Sun, Feb. 24) and, interestingly, San Jose (Tues, Feb. 26) — the same place that Landeskog was hurt, a month to the day from when the injury first occurred.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)