Feb 19, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
There was a welcome sight at Avalanche practice on Tuesday as captain Gabriel Landeskog skated with teammates for the first time since being concussed in late January.
Landeskog, was injured on a Brad Stuart hit in a loss to the Sharks on Jan. 26 and had only resumed skating on his own last Friday.
He wore an orange non-contact jersey on Tuesday, but did participate in some drills.
The reigning Calder Trophy winner, Landeskog had 1G-0A-1PT through four games this year while averaging 18:34 of ice time.
There’s still no set timetable on when he could return to action.
The Avs next play on Wednesday at home against St. Louis before heading out on a three-game California road trip with games in Los Angeles (Sat, Feb. 23), Anaheim (Sun, Feb. 24) and, interestingly, San Jose (Tues, Feb. 26) — the same place that Landeskog was hurt, a month to the day from when the injury first occurred.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 5
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)