Feb 19, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
There was a welcome sight at Avalanche practice on Tuesday as captain Gabriel Landeskog skated with teammates for the first time since being concussed in late January.
Landeskog, was injured on a Brad Stuart hit in a loss to the Sharks on Jan. 26 and had only resumed skating on his own last Friday.
He wore an orange non-contact jersey on Tuesday, but did participate in some drills.
The reigning Calder Trophy winner, Landeskog had 1G-0A-1PT through four games this year while averaging 18:34 of ice time.
There’s still no set timetable on when he could return to action.
The Avs next play on Wednesday at home against St. Louis before heading out on a three-game California road trip with games in Los Angeles (Sat, Feb. 23), Anaheim (Sun, Feb. 24) and, interestingly, San Jose (Tues, Feb. 26) — the same place that Landeskog was hurt, a month to the day from when the injury first occurred.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)