Feb 18, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has a Tuesday hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan after cross-checking Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey in the face on Sunday night, Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports.
According to Russo, the hearing will be strictly to decide how much (if at all) Setoguchi will be fined. Russo’s sources claim it has already been determined the Wild forward won’t be suspended.
Here’s video of the incident:
Setoguchi was given a double minor for high-sticking on the play while Quincey left the ice for the remainder of the second period, but returned to log six minutes of ice time in the final frame.
The 26-year-old winger has a clean history when it comes to discipline, having never been fined nor suspended at the NHL level.
Of course, this was Setoguchi’s second double high-sticking minor in his last five games.
He was tagged for one during a Feb. 9 game against Nashville, though it seems unlikely this would constitute repeat behavior. (Unless the repeat behavior was “being careless with one’s stick,” or “taking bad penalties at crucial moments.”)
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)