Feb 18, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has a Tuesday hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan after cross-checking Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey in the face on Sunday night, Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports.
According to Russo, the hearing will be strictly to decide how much (if at all) Setoguchi will be fined. Russo’s sources claim it has already been determined the Wild forward won’t be suspended.
Here’s video of the incident:
Setoguchi was given a double minor for high-sticking on the play while Quincey left the ice for the remainder of the second period, but returned to log six minutes of ice time in the final frame.
The 26-year-old winger has a clean history when it comes to discipline, having never been fined nor suspended at the NHL level.
Of course, this was Setoguchi’s second double high-sticking minor in his last five games.
He was tagged for one during a Feb. 9 game against Nashville, though it seems unlikely this would constitute repeat behavior. (Unless the repeat behavior was “being careless with one’s stick,” or “taking bad penalties at crucial moments.”)
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)