Feb 18, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has a Tuesday hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan after cross-checking Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey in the face on Sunday night, Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports.
According to Russo, the hearing will be strictly to decide how much (if at all) Setoguchi will be fined. Russo’s sources claim it has already been determined the Wild forward won’t be suspended.
Here’s video of the incident:
Setoguchi was given a double minor for high-sticking on the play while Quincey left the ice for the remainder of the second period, but returned to log six minutes of ice time in the final frame.
The 26-year-old winger has a clean history when it comes to discipline, having never been fined nor suspended at the NHL level.
Of course, this was Setoguchi’s second double high-sticking minor in his last five games.
He was tagged for one during a Feb. 9 game against Nashville, though it seems unlikely this would constitute repeat behavior. (Unless the repeat behavior was “being careless with one’s stick,” or “taking bad penalties at crucial moments.”)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)