Feb 18, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
Minnesota forward Devin Setoguchi has a Tuesday hearing with NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan after cross-checking Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey in the face on Sunday night, Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports.
According to Russo, the hearing will be strictly to decide how much (if at all) Setoguchi will be fined. Russo’s sources claim it has already been determined the Wild forward won’t be suspended.
Here’s video of the incident:
Setoguchi was given a double minor for high-sticking on the play while Quincey left the ice for the remainder of the second period, but returned to log six minutes of ice time in the final frame.
The 26-year-old winger has a clean history when it comes to discipline, having never been fined nor suspended at the NHL level.
Of course, this was Setoguchi’s second double high-sticking minor in his last five games.
He was tagged for one during a Feb. 9 game against Nashville, though it seems unlikely this would constitute repeat behavior. (Unless the repeat behavior was “being careless with one’s stick,” or “taking bad penalties at crucial moments.”)
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 16
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 42
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (124)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)