Feb 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EST
Prior to today’s Flyers-Isles game — which Philly won in resounding fashion — Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about the plights of both teams.
In Philly, it was a question of patience: How would the Flyers react to their dismal start?
Team president Peter Lukko gave head coach Peter Laviolette and GM Paul Holmgren votes of confidence, which left us to wonder if the notoriously aggressive Holmgren would stand pat, or try to spark his team via trade — if such a trade market exists, that is.
At just 22 years old, he’s enjoying another tremendous season, currently ranked sixth in the league in scoring (20 points) while sitting second in goals, with 12, one behind Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek.
All of which led to a pair of questions: Is Tavares the league’s most unappreciated star? And, how can the Isles build around him?
Here are the answers. Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8