Feb 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EST
Prior to today’s Flyers-Isles game — which Philly won in resounding fashion — Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about the plights of both teams.
In Philly, it was a question of patience: How would the Flyers react to their dismal start?
Team president Peter Lukko gave head coach Peter Laviolette and GM Paul Holmgren votes of confidence, which left us to wonder if the notoriously aggressive Holmgren would stand pat, or try to spark his team via trade — if such a trade market exists, that is.
At just 22 years old, he’s enjoying another tremendous season, currently ranked sixth in the league in scoring (20 points) while sitting second in goals, with 12, one behind Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek.
All of which led to a pair of questions: Is Tavares the league’s most unappreciated star? And, how can the Isles build around him?
Here are the answers. Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4