Feb 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Prior to today’s Flyers-Isles game — which Philly won in resounding fashion — Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about the plights of both teams.
In Philly, it was a question of patience: How would the Flyers react to their dismal start?
Team president Peter Lukko gave head coach Peter Laviolette and GM Paul Holmgren votes of confidence, which left us to wonder if the notoriously aggressive Holmgren would stand pat, or try to spark his team via trade — if such a trade market exists, that is.
At just 22 years old, he’s enjoying another tremendous season, currently ranked sixth in the league in scoring (20 points) while sitting second in goals, with 12, one behind Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek.
All of which led to a pair of questions: Is Tavares the league’s most unappreciated star? And, how can the Isles build around him?
Here are the answers. Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)